3.26.2008

My new obsession.....FABRIC!!!!!!

I have been going to the fabric store weekly since I started the Apartment Therapy Spring Cure. I feel so inspired in there surrounded by all that color, texture and potential. Sadly, our fabric stores here in NOLA leave a lot to be desired. I look at all the cool crafts other bloggers undertake and how incredible their fabrics are and I am jealous. So I journeyed into the World Wide Web to find cool, kickass, affordable fabric sites:



SuperBuzzy offers a ton of fabrics, notions, yarn and even gifts. Every five minutes I was recreating one of the kids rooms in my head based on the fabric I found. The first picture is a sample of Racing by Heather Ross(who has quickly become one of my favorite fabric designers). The second picture is a sample of Alphabet Practice by Puti de Pome. And the third is appropriately call Red Train. The Heather Ross fabric is definitely making it to Quinn's room....I just have to decide in what fashion. I am also thinking of using the other two as framed wall art.














Next up, is Sew, Mama, Sew. This is not only one of my favorite fabric stores online, it is also one of my favorite blogs! The first is, Blossom's Bud Breeze's Ginger Blossom. I think it has a future as a pillow case for the throw pillows in the den. The second sample is Back Stripe Grey by Botanical Pop. I do not know my attraction to this fabric, but I like it! The third is Rulers by Wee Play. LOVE LOVE LOVE. And I think my office/craft area is leaning more towards a green palette so this fabric may work perfectly (don't worry it comes in blue as well in case the palette of the office changes).








And last, but certainly not least, is j caroline creative. This may be my favorite online fabric playground. The first picture Olive Taffy by Chocolate Lollipop. The second is Amy Butler (who I adore) and I think this will be the accent fabric we use in Jess's bedroom (not to be confused with her evacuation condo). Oh, the fabric is called Linen Optic Blossom. And the last is this really fun fabric called Curry Frogs in Jars also by Heather Ross (told you I was obsessed). This fabric makes me smile, every time I look at it I grin. I just can not figure out what I could do with it.....




pictures taken from superbuzzy, sewmamasew and jcarolinecreative.




1 comment:

Alana in Canada said...

Isn't the choice out there amazing?
Mind-boggling--and so wonderful.

Have fun!